I recently joined Instagram, which is a
terrible time-waster great source of travel inspiration. I love the wanderlust-inducing travel shots, but also the small insights into people’s worlds, halfway around the globe. A morning coffee here, a pet photo there. And I love the little details about travel most of all.
I’ve been meaning to write a post on my travel essentials for a while. This is not a packing list post, more a few little things that make my trips easier. I’d love to hear yours too!
You don’t need to spend a lot of money on a slash-proof day bag – this was £8 in a sale years ago and has served me really well!
(Just to clear this up for any new visitors – I don’t use affiliate links – these are genuine recommendations :)
- A lightweight scarf – works perfectly as a blanket on chilly planes, a wrap on the beach (and as a scarf).
- This lip balm – Korres lip butter in Quince. In tropical countries all I wear is a tinted moisturiser with SPF and some coloured lip balm. This one is perfect.
- An MP3 player for those long South American bus journeys. Always try and download one or two things from the country I’m travelling to beforehand.
- Aloe vera gel – I like this one from Dutch store De Tuinen.
- I used to think people who took their favourite food away with them were a little bit crazy. Now I take tea bags to Brazil (cha preto is really bitter) and a few Nature Valley bars.
So those are my travel essentials. Let me know yours in the comments!